Safety & Compliance Manager
|Benefits:||Full benefits package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Since 1984, Transport America has been a leader in the transportation industry. We are currently looking for individuals with leadership experience to join our team of top professionals. Working at Transport America means being a part of a dedicated team that is committed to our customers both on and off the road.|
Whether youíre a seasoned veteran of the transportation industry, or an energetic professional looking for an exciting company to start your career, we may have the opportunity for you. Great benefits, a wonderful work environment, and opportunities to develop professionally make up the Transport America advantage for employees throughout the company.
If you are interested in creating a solid career with a solid company, apply now to learn more about this opportunity and the advantages of working for Transport America.
|Duties:||For this key role, we are seeking individuals who are goal oriented and results-driven. We are looking for individuals who have demonstrated the ability to lead and influence others.|
Specifically, this position will be responsible for:
* Summary: This position provides leadership, supervision, training, and support to assigned regulatory Compliance personnel.
* Oversee and implement injury prevention initiatives that drive continuous improvement in Work Comp.
* Ensure that a thorough post injury investigation and root cause has been completed on all injuries.
* Maintain and audit for OSHA compliance.
* Work with all departments and divisions to implement and drive initiatives throughout the company.
|Qualifications:||* High school diploma required, bachelorís degree preferred. |
* 3-5 years related experience in an area with high volume and time requirements for outputs.
* Proven ability to manage a department, lead people and build effective teams.
* Demonstrated understanding of the transportation industry.
* Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills required. Attention to detail, prioritizing, problem solving, and decision-making skills are essential.
* Skilled in managing multiple priorities, establishing meaningful goals and objectives, and strong team building techniques as well as strong decision making skills.
* Analytical aptitude and working knowledge of D.O.T. regulations.
* Ability to work independently and take personal initiative in ensuring that goals and objectives are met within resource and company guidelines.
* Good working knowledge of U.S. geography.
* Strong PC skills.
* Some light (under 50 pounds) lifting occasionally.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action & E-Verify Employer
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.