Support Center Assistant, M-F, 3rd shift, TAEA
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Since 1984, Transport America has been a leader in the transportation industry. We are currently looking for individuals with leadership experience to join our team of top professionals. Working at Transport America means being a part of a dedicated team that is committed to our customers both on and off the road.|
Whether you’re a seasoned veteran of the transportation industry, or an energetic professional looking for an exciting company to start your career, we may have the opportunity for you. Great benefits, a wonderful work environment, and opportunities to develop professionally make up the Transport America advantage for employees throughout the company.
If you are interested in creating a solid career with a solid company, apply now to learn more about this opportunity and the advantages of working for Transport America.
|Duties:||For this front-line role, we are seeking strong, independent individuals who thrive on making a difference to impact Transport America’s operations. |
The Support Center Assistant position will provide you with great opportunities to make an immediate impact on our business through your direct contact with our Drivers. We are looking for individuals who exhibit a strong personal commitment to teamwork and have demonstrated the ability to communicate with others.
Specifically, this position will be responsible for:
* Assist with safety related work such as checking equipment in and out, random monthly drug screens, safety of personnel at the facility and monitoring HOS/legal breaks for drivers.
* Foster and maintain good relations with our Drivers. Assist them with any needs when they are at the support center.
* Provide excellent customer service to everyone coming in and out of the support center.
* Yard checks, data entry and other administrative support.
|Qualifications:||* High School education or equivalent.|
* Ability to maintain confidence/confidentiality when sensitive information is shared or overheard.
* Must have good vision for reading numbers up to 75 or 100 feet.
* Ability to operate a PC, printer, copy machine, fax machine, multiple line phone system, transflo machine, fuel printer and other technical equipment. Typing skills a must.
* Must be able & willing to effectively communicate in an oral and written form. Legible handwriting is necessary.
* Speed and accuracy on CRT entry of data and understand information read on screen.
* Speed and accuracy on 10-button calculator. Basic math knowledge.
* Good telephone etiquette.
* Ability to work in a support capacity for multiple individuals and react quickly in a time-sensitive situation.
* Ability to concentrate in an active environment.
* Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
* Attention to Detail — Demonstrated ability to accurately manage numbers, names, codes, and thoroughly complete work tasks.
* Ability to recall details, situations, processes, etc…
* Physical requirements:
• Light lifting (under 50 pounds).
• Must be able to spend 75% of the day sitting and 25% of the day walking on concrete and/or gravel area.
• Must be able to climb stairs.
• Ability to shovel in winter months.
• Ability to open trailer doors. Ability to apply padlock and gladhand lock.
• Ability to climb, bend, stoop squat & reach to assist drivers, pick up debris, move materials, stock kitchens, read fuel pumps, enter/exit vehicle cab/trailer, shovel, etc…
EEO/AA & E-Verify Employer
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.