Support Center Asst - PT Weekend, Eagan
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Since 1984, Transport America has been a leader in the transportation industry. We are currently looking for individuals with leadership experience to join our team of top professionals. Working at Transport America means being a part of a dedicated team that is committed to our customers both on and off the road.|
Whether you’re a seasoned veteran of the transportation industry, or an energetic professional looking for an exciting company to start your career, we may have the opportunity for you. Great benefits, a wonderful work environment, and opportunities to develop professionally make up the Transport America advantage for employees throughout the company.
If you are interested in creating a solid career with a solid company, apply now to learn more about this opportunity and the advantages of working for Transport America.
|Duties:||This position works Saturday & Sunday, 8am - 4pm.|
For this front-line role, we are seeking strong, independent individuals who thrive on making a difference to impact Transport America’s operations.
The Support Center Assistant position will provide you with great opportunities to make an immediate impact on our business through your direct contact with our Drivers. We are looking for individuals who exhibit a strong personal commitment to teamwork and have demonstrated the ability to communicate with others.
Specifically, this position will be responsible for:
* Assist with safety related work such as checking equipment in and out, random monthly drug screens, safety of personnel at the facility and monitoring HOS/legal breaks for drivers.
* Foster and maintain good relations with our Drivers. Assist them with any needs when they are at the support center.
* Provide excellent customer service to everyone coming in and out of the support center.
* Yard checks, data entry and other administrative support.
|Qualifications:||* HS diploma or GED.|
* Ability to handle confidential information.
* Ability to operate standard office equipment & software.
* Excellent communication & customer service skills (in person, phone, computer).
* Excellent data entry skills.
* Able to read numbers up to 100 feet away.
* Physical requirements include light lifting (under 50 pounds); must be able to spend 75% of the day sitting and 25% of the day walking on concrete and/or gravel area; must be able to climb stairs; ability to shovel in winter months; ability to open trailer doors. Ability to apply padlock and gladhand lock; ability to climb, bend, stoop squat & reach to assist drivers, pick up debris, move materials, stock kitchens, read fuel pumps, enter/exit vehicle cab/trailer, shovel, etc…
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action & E-Verify Employer
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.