|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||About Transport America|
We are a customer-focused freight carrier and logistics services provider. With dedicated people – in the office and on the road – Transport America is a highly respected core partner and preferred carrier for a wide range of Fortune 500 shippers.
We take pride in our people, and our people take care of our customers by exceeding expectations and delivering results.
If you are interested in creating a rewarding career with a solid company, apply now to learn more about this opportunity and the advantages of working for Transport America.
Join us and discover the Transport America difference!
Transport America believes in exceeding expectations. We take that same approach to a work-life balance in offering employee benefits.
* Medical (BlueCross BlueShield of MN)
* Dental (Delta Dental)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment
* Life Insurance (employee, spouse & children)
* Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Dependent Care Reimbursement
* Medical Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
* Employee & Immediate Family Assistance Program
* Paid Holidays (full-time & part-time employees)
* Paid Personal Time
* Paid Vacation Time (full-time & part-time employees)
|Duties:||For this critical role, we are seeking strong leaders who are results-driven and thrive on making significant decisions to impact Transport America’s operations. The Planner position will provide you with great opportunities to make an immediate impact on our business through your achievements. We are looking for individuals who exhibit a strong personal commitment to teamwork and have demonstrated the ability to communicate and influence others.|
Specifically, this position will be responsible to:
* Match loads and drivers to meet TA’s Customer commitments while maximizing the utilization of TA’s assets, working with Operations personnel.
* Create and execute plans in accordance with customer expectations, driver needs and system balance and communicate network balance requirements.
* Accurately track, record and control use of equipment.
* Contact appropriate groups timely to resolve equipment issues.
|Qualifications:||* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Planning experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Transportation & Logistics preferred.|
* Minimum of 5 -7 years relevant Planner experience in the trucking industry. Mid-level Planning experience with the demonstrated understanding of truck transportation/logistics required.
* Demonstrated understanding of geography and regional conditions.
* Effective communication skills and high attention to detail.
* Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously, make quick decisions and negotiate for win-win situations with multiple stakeholders.
* Strong problem solving capabilities and timely decision making. Identifies options including the short and long term impact on business operations.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action & E-Verify Employer
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.