Field Safety & Simulator Specialist
|Benefits:||Full benefits package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||About Transport America|
We are a customer-focused freight carrier and logistics services provider. With dedicated people – in the office and on the road – Transport America is a highly respected core partner and preferred carrier for a wide range of Fortune 500 shippers.
We take pride in our people, and our people take care of our customers by exceeding expectations and delivering results.
If you are interested in creating a rewarding career with a solid company, apply now to learn more about this opportunity and the advantages of working for Transport America. Join us and discover the Transport America difference!
Transport America believes in exceeding expectations. We take that same approach to a work-life balance in offering employee benefits.
* Medical (BlueCross BlueShield of MN)
* Dental (Delta Dental)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment
* Life Insurance (employee, spouse & children)
* Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Employee & Immediate Family Assistance Program
* Paid Holidays (full-time & part-time employees)
* Paid Personal Time
* Paid Vacation Time (full-time & part-time employees)
* Dependent Care Reimbursement
* Medical Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
|Duties:||For this critical role, we are seeking strong leaders who are results-driven, exhibit a strong personal commitment to teamwork and have demonstrated the ability to train, communicate and influence others. |
Specifically, this position will be responsible for:
* Develop and implement training utilizing the Simulator. Responsible for all aspects of Simulator Training.
* Driver orientation, training, testing & coaching.
* Accident investigations (includes travel to the site of an accident).
* Support and enforce DOT and company safety policies & procedures.
* Effectively partner with all support center staff and other Field Safety Specialists to drive company safety goals.
|Qualifications:||* High School degree or equivalent required.|
* Previous experience as a teacher/instructor preferred.
* Hold a current and valid CDL in the State of residence with Haz-Mat.
* Strong PC, data entry, and phone skills.
* Thorough knowledge of DOT regulations & remain DOT physically qualified.
* Ability to support, demonstrate and teach DOT & TA safety & compliance requirements.
* Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse group of people.
* Professional representation to all TA drivers.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action & E-Verify Employer
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.